- Are the MS and PhD programs separate?
- When will applicants be informed of admission decisions?
Applicants will be informed between early February and mid-April.
- Do I need to submit my official transcripts when I apply?
You can submit unofficial copies of your transcripts with your online application. If you are admitted, then you would need to provide official copies of your transcripts to the Office of Admission during your first term.
- Does the Department of Statistics require the fellowship/assistantship application form?
No, all applicants are automatically considered for a fellowship/assistantship.
- Do I need to provide a certificate of financial support when I submit my application?
No, that form can be submitted after an offer of admission, if applicable.
- Can recommenders send letters directly to the department?
Recommendation letters should be submitted through the online application. Recommendation Letters should only be sent to the Department if the letter cannot be submitted through the online system.
- Can the application fee be waived?
- Do I need a faculty sponsor?
- Are any GRE subject tests required? Can the GRE be waived?
Subject test are not required. The GRE can be waived if you have a previous master’s degree but if your scores are less than 5 years old you should submit the scores with your application.
- What is the average total GRE score?
318 and above
- Does the Department of Statistics admit for spring or summer semesters?
No, Fall admission only.
- What is the school code for the University of Florida, and is a department code required?
5812, and no.
- Can the IELTS and MELAB be used in place of TOEFL?
Yes, and the minimum score on IELTS is 6 and minimum score for MELAB is 77.
- Can the TOEFL be waived?
Yes, under certain circumstances outlined on the Office of Admissions website.
- What if I experience technical difficulties with the online application system, forget my password or want to check if my materials were received?
Contact the Office of Admissions at 352-392-1365 or graduate@email@example.com
- What will happen if the name on my GRE (or TOEFL) scorecard does not exactly match the name on my U. of Florida application?
Your scores may not be matched with your application, so it may appear as if you have not submitted scores. You will need to contact the Office of Admissions.
- Where can I find more information on the degree options the Department of Statistics offers including minors?
Still have questions? Contact Statistics Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org Please allow up to 24hrs for a response.